Google Calendar is one of the most powerful and widely used calendar applications in the world. Google is characterized by having many apps available, many of them even have exclusive functions on iOS. And what very few know is that you can sync all your Google Calendar events with the iPhone Calendar app.
If you synchronize Apple’s calendar with Google’s, you will be able to see all the events on any of your devices, be it an iPhone, an iPad, or a Mac. It can be a great option to have all your calendars organized in one place.
You don’t even need to download the Google Calendar application on your iPhone to be able to see the events, just synchronize Google’s calendar with Apple’s.
Synchronize Google Calendar with iPhone and iPad Calendar
When we have Google Calendar linked to the iPhone Calendar, we can manage events from the iPhone Calendar app, add and delete them easily. To perform this synchronization, these are the steps you must follow:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Settings.
- Swipe down and tap on Calendar.
- Enter the Accounts section.
- Click on Add account, select Google and identify yourself with your credentials.
- If you already had a Google account synced, click on it.
- Turn on the Calendars switch
Now open the Calendar app on your iPhone or iPad and click on Calendars at the bottom. You will see a section called Gmail, you can mark and unmark the different calendars that you want to appear in the official iPhone Calendar app.
Synchronize Google Calendar with Mac Calendar
If what you want is to synchronize the Google calendar with the Calendar app on your Mac, the steps you must take are the following:
- Go to the Calendar app on your Mac.
- In the top bar, click on Calendar> Add account.
- Click on Google and identify yourself with your username and password.
You must bear in mind that, although you can create events, delete them or edit them, there are some functions of Google Calendar that you will not be able to do from the iPhone Calendar app.
- Notifications of events by email.
- Creation of new Google calendars.
- Meeting room scheduling.
The iPhone Calendar app is much more powerful than it seems and allows us to synchronize calendars from different platforms to view them in one place. And, in addition, it will be synchronized with all your devices.